Friday, August 26, 2011

City Fair

I have a bit of catching up to do as far as the ol' bloggity blog goes...so, I guess I've got to start somewhere!

Matt, Skylar and I heard on the radio that the Ventura County Fair was happening. We also heard that they were having $1 admission day, so we chose to go.




Being the cheapskates that we are we chose to park where it was free and walk. Now, not that I don't enjoy walking and all, but it seemed to be quite a walk (on the way back I clocked it on my jogging app and it said 1.75 miles, ONE way).

Well, we walked in, paid $2.00 total...headed straight past all of the vendors and the rides in search of the animals. Much to our dismay there weren't very many there...and, as you can imagine on a day when admission is only $1/person (usually something like $13/person) the place was PACKED. We found ourselves a little overwhelmed and chose to escape out a back gate we found.

Our total time in the Fair was probably no more than 40 minutes. However, what this did do was give Matt the bug for a corn dog. So instead of spending $6.50 for one corndog, we (cheapskates, again) chose to go to the store and buy 16 for $4.99.




One thing we saw on the walk home from the fair was this trailer who was obviously there for the week, "camping." We generally see the people who are staying in their trailers for fair week stuck in some nasty, dusty, back lot where nobody would want to really live but its the best places they've got. This guy had a sweet location, about 25 feet from the sand! Definitely not something I've seen before!




A shot of my cute boy and pretty little girl on our walk back to the truck.


All in all it was a very different "county fair" experience for us. However, it was pretty cool to see how they do it around here! I'm sure our time there would have been a bit less hectic if we hadn't gone on dollar day!

No comments:

Post a Comment