Friday, July 22, 2011

Spiders and Sin

The other day Matt and I were going to work in the yard (I'll post about that later) and I walked outside to start helping him, only to see a HUGE black widow on the outside of our bedroom door. This happens to be the door that our A/C unit is rigged into...so the door isn't actually closed all the way. It also happens to be the door that my glider is right next to, yes, the same glider that I feed Skylar in some 5 + times a day.

That poor spider is alive no more. I definitely squashed the life out of her....

However, later that day as I was sitting there (literally 1 foot away from where I killed this massive spider) feeding Skylar and I got to thinking about that spider lurking in our doorway. I thought how similar that is to sin. Sin lurks in the doorway of our hearts just like this spider lurked in the doorway of my home. It occurred to me that it is super important for us to examine the creepy crawlies at the door of our heart...you never know when all this time something deadly or something that can very quickly cause you pain could be right there waiting for the chance to slip in and start its destruction.

Just a thought...but I think I will start examining the door to my heart and to my home more often!

Here she is just before getting squashed. Do you have any creepy crawlies lurking that need squashing?

2 comments:

  1. Great thought! So true, sin starts so small, and grows and grows. Yeah, I remember all the black widow spiders we would find in Dad's garage, and Grandma Marce's house was even worse! They are not fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well said Whit, I'll be thinking about this all week! xo

    ReplyDelete