Monday, November 21, 2011

Summer wrap-up

I was going to devote a post to each event that happened this summer; however, time got away from me and here we are in the end of November just now posting pictures from August.

My parents and my Grandma Jan came to visit us in Camarillo for a week. We had such a good time. It was so fun to see my Grandma with Skylar for the first time. "GiGi Jan" taught Skylar how to make noise going over bumps in the car (which she still does to this day), she helped her learn how to crawl on hands and knees and not only on her belly like an army man. It was also really cool to have 4 generations together and be able to get pictures of that. While they were there we were able to go to the beach a couple times, we also went to the Wings Over Camarillo Air Show, and made our way around the greater Ventura County area. It was so fun to spend time with them.




Our little Family at Emma Wood Beach



Grandpa Hal and Skylar at the beach



Skylar thinks her "Gran-B" is pretty funny. Love this full-body laugh




4 Generations: (l to r) Chisum, Chisum, Simmons, Niskanen


My Aunt Sally and Uncle Doug also came to visit us in Camarillo. Unfortunately, Matt had to work the whole time they were there, but we had a great time exploring the area. We went to the beach each day, we also ate at Neptunes Net, which has great people watching and lots of greasy, yummy food.



Great Aunt Sally and Skylar at the beach
(Can't seem to find my picures of Uncle Doug and Skylar, but they had a blast together. We went to the Camarillo Farmers Market and Doug showed Skylar all there was to see...she got to touch most of it too!


My Sister also came to visit. We had a great weekend full of girly stuff. Stamping, Gilmore Girls, Nail Polish, etc. Sadly it was grey the whole time she was there so the beach was a little chilly. We did go, but we didn't stay too long and we don't have pictures to prove it.



Auntie Mack and Skylar in the courtyard at our house.

As I look at these pictures I'm reminded of how nice it was to live somewhere warm for a time. Love the green grass, flipflops and sand. However, I am thankful to be where we are now, in Colorado, because we are much closer to my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment